The success and international acknowledgement of the preceding BGRS (Bioinformatics of the Genome Regulation and Structure) conferences held at Akademgorodok and the 2005 BGRS Summer School “Evolutionary Biology & High Performance Computing Bioinformatics” has encouraged to launch the 2006 BGRS Summer School “Evolutionary Biology & High Performance Computing Bioinformatics” under the auspices of the BGRS Scientific Committee. The School will precede the conference as its co-event.
The scientific scope of the school will include issues of the development and application of advanced methods of computational and theoretical analysis for structure-function genome organization, proteomics, evolutionary and systems biology. The program will tentatively cover the following issues:
- Introduction to high-performance computing
- High performance computing in genomics
- Parallel computing and algorithms for building phylogenetic trees
- High performance computing in structural bioinformatics
- High performance computing in computational systems biology
- Application of theoretical models to analysis of the evolution of genetic macromoleculesIt is proposed that the lectures, courses and seminars will be focused both on young professionals in the fields of biology interested in mastering modern computer approaches in bioinformatics and young computer scientists intending to improve their knowledge in the resolution of biological issues.During the Summer School young scientists will have the opportunities to present their own work (posters or oral presentations) for discussion. Prizes will be awarded for the best presentations, including three awards for the oral presentations and one award for poster presentations.
Prizes (up to $100) will be awarded for the best presentations, including three awards for the oral presentations and one award for poster presentations.
We would be very grateful if you could spread this information among your colleagues who also could be interested in attending the Summer School.
We do hope that you will be able to participat
The most relevant and up-to-date presentations will be published in the BGRS 2006 Proceedings.
All the participants of the School will receive the materials of the School in electron format on CD.
We would be very grateful, if you would spread this information among your colleagues who also might be interested in attending the Summer School.
We believe that your participation will contribute to the success of the School, a good background for fostering international contacts will be provided.
Looking forward to seeing you in Novosibirsk, Scientific/Organizing Committee
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The participants intending to present their contribution as poster or oral report are requested to submit an abstract of 1 printed page in English by e-mail in Microsoft Word file.
Abstracts that will be considered for publication in BGRS’2006 Proceedings should follow conference format requirements and should be sent before March 30, 2006 . The decision on acceptance will be communicated by May 1, 2006.
Abstract for the electronic proceedings should be of 1-2 printed page in English in rtf format (example) and should be sent before My 15, 2006.
TO THE ATTENTION OF PARTICIPANTS:
The program Committee calls for abstracts complying with the main direction of the 2005 BGRS Summer School, namely
(1) Reporting results of computer and theoretical analysis in the field of the computer-aided evolutionary and comparative analysis, bioinformatics and
(2) Describing implementation of high-performance computing in the field of bioinformatics.
- March 30, 2006 Four-page abstracts that may be published at BGRS’2006 proceedings.
- May 01, 2006 Acceptance/rejection notifications sent out and the abstracts are included into the BGRS’2006 program
- May 15, 2006 Registration of participants at the site of the Conference; Abstracts that will be published at electronic proceedings of the School
- The registration and short abstract submission date is postponed until June 10, 2006Registration fee. Registration of participants at the site of the ConferenceThe registration fee is 300 rubles ($11), the fee does not cover the expenses for accommodation and meals. The Conference registration fee is to be paid in cash at the registration desk. A receipt will be issued immediately.Accomodation.Hotel “Golden Valley”, Single (about $23 per night / 650 rubles)Hotel “Golden Valley”, Double (about $20 per night for one person / 550 rubles).