The success and international acknowledgement of the preceding BGRS (Bioinformatics of the Genome Regulation and Structure) conferences held at Akademgorodok has encouraged launching of the 2005 BGRS Summer School “Evolutionary Biology & High Performance Computing Bioinformatics” under the auspices of the BGRS Scientific Committee. The scientific scope of the school will include issues of the development and application of advanced methods of computational and theoretical analysis for structure-function genome organization, proteomics, evolutionary and systems biology. The preliminary program of the school includes the following topics:
· Introduction to high-performance computing
· High performance computing and bioinformatics
· Parallel computing and algorithms for building phylogenetic trees
· Theoretical methods for evolving genetic macromolecules
· Computational systems biology
· Application of theoretical models to analysis of the evolution of genetic macromolecules
It is proposed that the lectures, courses and seminars will be focused both on young professionals in the fields of biology interested in mastering modern computer approaches to phylogenetic analysis and young computer scientists intending to improve their knowledge in the resolution of phylogenetic issues.
During the Summer School young scientists will have the possibility to present their own work (posters or oral presentations) for discussion. To register for presentation partisipants should submit a one page abstract in English.
Prizes (up to $100) will be awarded for the best presentations, including three awards for the oral presentations and one award for poster presentations.
We would be very grateful if you could spread this information among your colleagues who also could be interested in attending the Summer School.
We do hope that you will be able to participate in the Summer School, and try our best for your visit to be pleasant and fruitful.
Looking forward to see you in Novosibirsk,
Contact E-mail: email@example.com
Registration fee: 300 Russian Roubles (11$) (accomodation and meals not included)
- Registered participants can submit their abstracts till August,20
TO THE ATTENTION OF PARTICIPANTS:
The program Committee calls for abstracts complying with the main direction of the 2005 BGRS Summer School, namely
(1) Reporting results of computer and theoretical analysis in the field of the computer-aided evolutionary and comparative analysis, bioinformatics and
(2) Describing implementation of high-performance computing in the field of bioinformatics.