Institute of Cytology and Genetics SB RAS, Novosibirsk , Russia
Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB), New Delhi, India
The Vavilov Society of Geneticists and Breeders
Prof. Nikolay Kolchanov, Acad., IC&G SB RAS
Dr. S. Ramachandran, IGIB, New Delhi, India
Mycobacterium tuberculosis is among the most hazardous disease-causing agents in humans. Recently, its threat has increased worldwide. This poses timely issues for countries, such as Russia and India. The problem is largely due to the emergence of new multiresistant variant forms of tuberculosis. Traditional approaches to treatment of these forms proved to be not consistently efficient. Novel therapeutic approaches and strategies are obviously needed. Development and improvement of methods based on approaches of genome informatics and systems biology, which consider features of M. tuberculosis and the human immune system, offer promise. Emphasis on these developments is worldwide, involving Russia and India. However close international collaboration, exchange of information and experience between multidisciplinary scientists would provide breakthroughs in this research area.
In the last years, new knowledge about the genomic structure, metabolic and functional features of M. tuberculosis has accumulated in basic and applied medicine in Russia and India. At this junction, to better integrate the efforts of the Russian and Indian partners in resolution of the issues of tuberculosis and other infectious diseases, the Indo-Russian Joint Workshop “Systems Biology and Genome Informatics of M. tuberculosis and other infectious diseases” will be held.
The aim of this workshop will be experience exchange and integration of the efforts of leading scientists in the area of bioinformatics in Russia and India. The seminar will be implemented within the framework of the approaches of systems biology and genome informatics for studying M. tuberculosis – human immune system interactions, developing new methods for combating tuberculosis and other infectious diseases.
The following topics will be addressed at the workshop.
1. Methods and algorithms of bioinformatics
2. Protein-protein interactions
3. Identification of novel metabolic pathways
4. M. tuberculosis systems biology
5. Novel methods for drug development
6. Computational resources for drug development
7. Problem of tuberculosis as a social diseases
8. Mathematical modeling of the process of infectious diseases and metabolic pathways.
9. Role of non-coding RNA in development of infectious diseases
List of Russian participants
1. Prof. Vadim Govorun, Research Institute of the Physico-Chemical Medicine of the Ministry of the Health protection and Social Development, Moscow
2. Dr. Vladimir Ivanisenko, Institute of Cytology and Genetics SB RAS, Novosibirsk
3. Prof. Nikolay Kolchanov, Academician, Institute of Cytology and Genetics SB RAS, Novosibirsk, Chairman
4. Dr. Vitaly Likhoshvai, Institute of Cytology and Genetics SB RAS, Novosibirsk
5. Dr. Vsevolod Makeev, State Research Center GosNIIGenetika, Moscow
6. Dr. Nikolay Pertsev, Omsk Branch of the Sobolev Institute of Mathematics SB RAS
7. Dr. Alexey Romanyukha, Institute of Numerical mathematics RAS, Moscow
8. Dr. Alexey Rudko, Research Institute of Medical Genetics of Tomsk Scientific Center of Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Tomsk, Russia
9. Dr. Sergey Tat’kov, Institute of Cytology and Genetics SB RAS, Novosibirsk
10. Prof. Valentin Topchii, Omsk Branch of the Sobolev Institute of Mathematics SB RAS
11. Dr. Alexander Veselovsky, Institute of Biomedical Chemistry RAMS, Moscow
List of Indian participants
1. Prof. Manju Bansal, Molecular Biophysics Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
2. Dr. Debasisa Mohanty, National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi
3. Dr. G.P.S. Raghava, Institute for Microbial Technology (CSIR), Chandigarh
4. Dr. S. Ramachandran, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi
5. Dr. Vinod Scaria, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi
6. Dr. N. Srinivasan, Molecular Biophysics Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
7. Dr. Bhupesh Taneja, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi
The seminar will take place at tie Conference Hall of the Institute of Cytology and Genetics.
|Russian Foundation for Basic Research|
|Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, India|