- Alexey Kolodkin, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Holland
Olga Krebs, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies, German
Systems biology and computer modeling in personalized medicine
- Maxim Zakharsev, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Ås, Norway
Topological analysis of the stoichiometric models of metabolic networks
- Grosse Ivo, Halle-Wittenberg University, Halle, German
- Petr Vlasov, Institute of Science and Technology, Austria
Genetics of human diseases and Rational Drug Design
- Barberis Matteo, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Holland
Modeling of cell cycle control
- Dmitry Afonnikov, Institute of Cytology and Genetics of SB RAS, Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, Russia
Introduction to molecular evolution
- Anastasia Bakulina, Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, Russia
Homology modeling of proteins
Subject lessons “Homology modeling of proteins”:
The introduction of the database of protein structures and classifications of PDB protein structures SCOP and CATH. The introduction of the servers that help to build a model protein (Genesilico metaserver, Swiss-Model, I-tasser). Running of models of sequence on different servers.
Working with the program of three-dimensional structures of proteins in PDB format (Accelrys Visualizer, PyMOL) view and theirs main features. The study of the PDB format.
Structural alignment. Comparison of the models obtained by different methods, and real structures. Using PyMOL and Accelrys Visualizer for preparing the illustrations.
- Saik Olga, Institute of Cytology and Genetics of SB RAS, Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, Russia
Application of ANDSystem for the reconstruction and analysis of
molecular-genetics networks, associated with diseases and phenotypic traits
What is needed for the practice:
- Laptop is desirable.
- Python 2.7 programming language (https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/)
- Notepad ++ for Windows (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/) or Gedit for Linux (http://gedit.en.softonic.com/)
- ANDSystem available at http://www-bionet.sscc.ru/andvisio/
- Cytoscape is an open source software platform for visualizing complex